Sunday 5 October 2014

Itching for a Row

It's official. Running is "oarsome". Running only just dims that craving for sport and moving my body these days. After almost 3 weeks without being on the water, I had a sudden realisation - I've managed to keep up a basic level of fitness with a few runs a week and the odd strength session here and there, but the feeling of gliding and sliding, tipping and pushing just aren't satisfied by a run. I miss my little Severin Rowing Boat! The sound of pounding feet on the road is also more of a grind than the swish, splash and bubble of a rowing boat.

I managed to lug my 30kg of luggage around again last week. As I left Duncs and Brendan, (and Henry the Chinaman) in Limehouse and Headed (secretly and spontaneously) off to Bath. Oh Beautiful Bath!!! I headed out prepared to sleep on the pavement or in the train station should I not find a backpackers. Pretty confident I would find the one I had researched I headed off, and arrived at Bath Backpackers fairly ready for bed after a day of marching up stairs and dodging focussed Londoners. Lisa (spelled Lille) from Austria, and I hesitantly started chatting, and ended up spending the entire of the following day together. We explored a vast majority of the Bath sites, my favourite being The Old Roman Baths. We had a decent amount of fun together, singing random songs as we walked to our various sites, watching the odd street show here and there, shopping for trinkets post cards and sweeties, and grocery shopping for our dinner. It was as if we had been friends for many years, and I was sad to say goodbye to her the following morning.





















Next week the real varsity life starts. (Not quite like the real world, but will be work, nevertheless). My Halls (Res) is stunning from what Aly (My Aunt) and I could see from our snooping. I move in this Sunday. To Westminster Halls, which is in Botley area of Oxford. I will be living no less than 50m from the Varsity sports hall and a mere road crossing to the sports fields (Which have about 3 Rugby Fields worth of space to make use of!). Couldn't ask for a more ideal position.

No comments:

Post a Comment